Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Little Bits of Spring "Springing Up" Around the House

Welcome to my new blog home! Glad you're here...remember,
if you followed me at Wordpress, you can follow me here too-
just sign up on the link to the right side of this blog!


Flowers have been blooming in our gardens, and my sweet, little girl has been making me lots of pretty bouquets, and flower arrangements.


I think she has a knack for it, what do you think?


Lemons have been abundant too! A co-worker has a lemon tree that grows sweet Meyer Lemons. I LOVE lemons! I'm thinking about baking a lemon cake...


Here's some birdie-nesty stuff...


More birdie-nesty stuff in my adorable bell-jar cover display, which was a
Christmas present from my awesome friend Roxanne. She has
wonderful taste, doesn't she? See the "chocolate" Easter bunny hiding
back there? Love him!

Here's the bird cage I picked up at a garage sale while vacationing
in Santa Cruz last Summer.
I repaired it and painted it
white.
Now it's hanging in my entry. See that framed picture

on the wall, behind the cage? Let me give you a close-up...

It's a 3 dimensional collage of my 2 little "birdies" nestled together. My mother, the "Artist" for whom this blog is named after made this for me several years ago. I just love it,
and have it up all year 'round.


6 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Welcome... Super cute decor...

Em said...

Welcome to Blogger! I love the new "home"!

houseofkat said...

You made the switch! :) I love the new look!

Anonymous said...

Love all your birdie decor! And your new blog looks great!!!!!! I will have to get brave someday and move over too!

Roxanne said...

Blog looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi
the flowers do look real , very springlike!!
Like the your blog, should start one too>>